Job Title: Service Technician – Level 5
$32.00 – $38.00 / hour
7:30am to 4:00pm, with 1/2 hour lunch; some weekends and evenings and over time as designated; alternating on call schedule to cover 24/7 emergency service.
Primary Job Function
To provide maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of residential and commercial heating and air conditioning systems according to company standards providing the customer with a high quality experience. Assist with training Service Technicians Level 1-4. Provide feedback to Service Manager regarding technical training needs, inventory and retail pricing. Develop training programs for the service department as needed and directed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License
- Demonstrate willingness to invest in tools used in Service of HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time in service training seminars and classes.
- Work from 28′ extension ladder and 12′ step ladder.
- Meet all qualifications and have all tools required for Service Technicians Level 1-4. Including ability to demonstrate working knowledge of daily, weekly, monthly skills noted below.
- Understand and communicate benefits of preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills and have ability to communicate clearly, idea’s and explanations of problems to residential and commercial customers and coworkers
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
- Experience in training and mentoring service technicians.
- Operate scissors and genie lifts in safe manner.
- Nate Core Certification
- Acquire Specialty Certifications With-in 1 Year of Service Technician Level 5
- Enroll in advanced HVAC training classes, minimum 50 hours per year
- City of Reading Master Mechanical License
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties
- Purchase / Maintain required tool list for Service Technician Level 5
- Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Relocate from one jobsite to another jobsite as dispatched during the workday
- Report to dispatcher when arriving and leaving jobsite
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from supervisor and/or dispatcher and carry out in timely manner
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
- Report problems with equipment to Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
- Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Complete all service related forms properly
- Provide all customers with new / renewal maintenance agreement program information
- Acquire commercial and residential planned maintenance agreements
- Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through company
- Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
- On call status for emergency service as required
- Train and instruct Service Technicians Level 1 -4 as directed
- Converse with facilities engineers, building and homeowners, and general contractors*
- Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a wide range of residential and commercial equipment, present repair and replacement options
- Complete service repairs as approved by customer. Perform the following technical duties:
- Advanced electrical and refrigeration principles
- Service tools and testing devices.
- Ability to layout and install refrigeration piping
- Ability to layout, design and install low voltage wiring
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints and make accurate material lists
- Advanced diagnostic, repair and provide preventative maintenance on a wide range of residential and light commercial equipment without supervision
- HVAC building code compliance.
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Advanced experience in presenting repair and replacement options
- Operation of scissors and genie lifts in safe manner
- Basic sheet metal & fiberglass duct practices
- Air balancing principles, techniques and diagnostics with velometer or hood
- Calculate equipment efficiency and operating costs
- Champion of flat rate pricing for the team
- Responsible for establishing technical training schedule based upon team needs for the calendar year as directed by Service Manager
- Create & present training seminars and classes for in-house meetings as directed by Service Manager
- Establish proper seasonal inventory for both shop and truck stock as directed by Service Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Billing & Efficiency rating
- Average ticket price
- Achieving average monthly revenue goal
- Number of qualified sales leads turned over each month.
- Number of additional products and services sold to customer
- Acquire new residential maintenance agreements
- Renew residential maintenance agreements
- Customer compliments or complaints.
- Legible and complete paperwork.
- Callback % less than 3%